Meizu M1 Note Blue Charm

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by Ffosse, Apr 11, 2015.

1. Ffosse macrumors 6502a

Specs:

Meizu m1 Note: Full Specifications
    5.5 Inch IGZO LCD Display
    1080 x 1920 pixels (403 ppi)
    Corning Gorilla Glass 3
    Mediatek MT6752 processor
    Octa-core 1.7 GHz (Cortex-A53)
    Mali-T760 GPU
    2GB RAM
    16GB / 32GB Storage
    Dual Micro SIM
    13MP Rear Camera w/dual-LED
    5MP Front Camera
    GSM / HSPA / LTE Cat 4
    Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n
    Bluetooth 4.0
    150.7mm x 75.2mm x 8.9 mm
    145 grams
    Non-removable 3140 mAh Battery
    Android OS, v4.4.4 (KitKat)
    Flyme 4.0 UI

Price: $260 at Amazon.com £170 at Amazon UK EDIT: That's for the 16GB version, but it does come relatively bloat-free. I'm happy enough without microSD on this as I have phones already with that facility.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Flyme OS isn't bad - very light and Apple-like but there are vestiges of chinese language apps so I'm just going to throw Apex pro on there.

[​IMG]

It's slimmer, lighter and very nearly as narrow and short as the HTC 620 despite having a 5.5 versus 5" screen on the HTC.

[​IMG]

Next to the Xperia Z3 Compact and Blade S6:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Antutu is respectable for a budget device:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a keeper - a very nice device at a great price. I bought on the strength of the Gsmarena review here: http://www.gsmarena.com/meizu_m1_note-review-1232.php

For some reason, mobile data is faster on the M1 Note than my Z3 Compact, HTC 620 or Blade S6 (same network) can't work out why. They only get 25 to 30MB down.

[​IMG]

2. v871305 macrumors member

Thats actually a pretty decent looking phone.

Question though - there seems to be a lot of yellowing on the display in your pictures. Is that actually the case? or is it just the lighting? I like that its full HD.

I haven;t really looked at XDA, but are you able to root and flash Cgen or something similar? I might get one to play if so.

3. spriter macrumors 65816

spriter

Looks like a nice device.

How's the LTE band support outside of China? I was tempted by the MX4 Pro but Meizus were seemingly always locked to China Mobile which meant TD-LTE that only works in China. Even 3G/H+ was a no-go so I'd always go for a China Unicom phone. Most others I had from Xiaomi and Vivo had bands 1, 3, and 7 FD-LTE (Unicom phones).

4. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 6502a

The screen perhaps is a little yellowish, not that I've noticed much, it can be adjusted in the settings.

As for LTE, I only know that it works fine here in the UK - there may be a problem with US carriers.

5. apolloa macrumors G3

apolloa

Cool phone. As for the speeds, I do know their are different types of modems on phones, you get faster standards and modems even on LTE / 4G so I would imagine your new device has a newer modem and so is faster.

Not that 25mbps is slow for a phone... I was in Bath a while back and ran Speedtest on my Nexus 5, I giggled with the 18mbps down and 16mbps up I got haha. Faster than my home broadband.

6. Ffosse thread starter macrumors 6502a