Meizu M8 - Balls to the Wind

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by gloss, Oct 19, 2007.

1. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Engadget just posted the newest UI images from the Meizu M8 media player (along with appropriate levels of sarcasm).

Is it just me, or should China be trying to stop this sort of blatant piracy of intellectual property?

2. solyd macrumors regular

Didn't you get the memo? China is now directing their production forces to adapt the stealing-then-improving method. :p

3. gloss thread starter macrumors 601

gloss

It does strike me as kind of a shame that a nation that has so much potential for productivity is content to get by stealing the ideas of the rest of the world, producing cheaper versions, and selling them on the grey market. Get with it, guys. You invented firearms. I'm sure you can make it in the modern world without resorting to out-and-out theft.

4. solyd macrumors regular

Well there are always ups and downs. U.S. was at the frontier of the electronics market, now everything comes from Japan (excluding the iPod of course :))

5. phytonix macrumors 6502

Japanese car makers start out copying European and American cars. See where they are now?

6. solyd macrumors regular

No where? German cars ftw :)

7. codingmonkey macrumors member

Actually the US is still the frontier for the electronics market. It might not have all the big electronics companies, but the real innovations (like Internet, hard drive, encoding technology, etc) happen in the US (you can thank the military for those :p). Japan just puts these innovations into production units.

8. Football1maniac macrumors regular

Football1maniac

I think Israel is second in the electronics market in the world. The Intel Processor has some correlation with Israel, and most revolutionary devices are typically developed in Israel.