Melt down Straight talk and iPhone 5s please help

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by rcoyote, Jan 15, 2014.

1. rcoyote macrumors newbie

Ok, I admit, I have to be the weak link here, but I really need some advise. I am semi-challenged in the first place. But here is the deal.

I asked lots of questions on MacRumors and got some good advice. With that I bought a full retail set up for verizon phone from apple. (turns out I had a ****** salesman and he sold me a GSM model)

Then I bought a straight talk activation kit after calling them, which is not worth it... horrible customer support.. they sent me a "micro" sim and an activation kit. (first they double billed me, which thankfully another horrible customer service call fixed...amazingly)

Ok so the sim card doesn't work - it needs to be a nano card, which I can only find on eBay that are "professionally" cut down- I do not want a cut down card... if straight talk doesn't do it - is there another more reputable company that does? or do you have to deal direct with AT&T, Verizon etc.

I don't think I can return the sim card or the activation kit. I have a few more days that I can return or exchange the phone.

I know some of you are smart enough and willing to deal with so much BS, but I am not currently capable. Any recommendations?

Oh and to make matters worse the apple guy talked me into a Tmobile prepaid sim card and monthly plan and there is "no service" once I got home -even though the map showed there was.

It seems to me that I should just buck up and sign with the devil AT&T or pay the hefty fees of Verizon's unreasonable non-prepaid no commitment service.

Any comic relief or real help would be greatly appreciated.

2. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Cutting down a sim card is really pretty easy, I've done it before with an razor and a some measurements I found online.

Anyway, if you don't want to try that, look into AIO wireless. They offer a nano sim that'll work in a iPhone 5/5c/5s.

http://www.aiowireless.com/home.html

3. rcoyote thread starter macrumors newbie

thanks any suggestions on selling my unused sim card from straight talk along with activation. I don't think they will take a return. ebay?

4. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Have you at least tried to return it? I know you had a bad experience when you called them previously, but maybe when you speak with them this time they'll be more helpful?

Anyway, if that doesn't work for you ebay would probably work. I'm not really an eBay user, so I can't really help out with that.