Memorable gift idea suggestions for a birthday...

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by aenemated20, May 14, 2009.

1. aenemated20 macrumors newbie

Does anyone have an idea as to what I could get my mom for her 40th birthday? It's coming up next month and my family wants to get her something memorable and unique. :)

Thanks in advance!

2. jecapaga macrumors 601

jecapaga

I'd suggest a simple but detailed letter either by you or a combination of your family. Detailing all of the positive influence and memories she's had on your lives. I did this recently and I can say it's a great gift to write down what you love about a person/mother. They can always read it again. There is nothing that you can buy that would mean more imo.

3. idyll macrumors 6502

^ Exactly what I was thinking too, but perhaps not in a letter form as this could get lengthy.. Maybe making a memory / gift book for your mom?

What about using an online service like CelebrateAHero.com where you can start a "memory book" and invite friends, family, etc. to contribute their wishes and photos. CelebrateAHero.com also lets you download and print the book yourself or you can have them print, bind, and ship it to you.

Hope that helped!

4. Talah Mooney macrumors newbie

I completely agree with the above recommendations...something a bit more unique and sentimental is always more appreciated than any material possession. A gift idea my family uses quite often is a Celebration Jar in which all friends and family are emailed and asked to submit their favorite memories/messages for a family member's Birthday or Anniversary. The website is www.CelebrationJar.com and they do a great job creating a beautiful, unique gift.

Another idea is a memorable event such as a hot air balloon ride or fun cooking class!

Good luck!

5. tman07 macrumors regular

if you are the artsy-fartsy type, you could maybe do a little digging and find a few memorable pictures with you and said person from throughout the years, spice them up on in photoshop (selective coloring, black and white, easy- cool looking stuff), maybe put them in chronological order on a nice picture frame?

I had my sister in tears(the good ones) with that one:)

6. Love macrumors 68000

Love

I got my mom an iPhoto calender and book for mothers day. She loved it.

7. nobunaga209 macrumors 6502a

nobunaga209

Maybe a spa package? Especially if she's never had one...

8. acearchie macrumors 68040

acearchie

Has your mum got any enjoyable past times.

I got her a piece of piano music that is pretty hard to source and although not expensive it did mean a lot to her and the thoughts associated with the gift were worth much more than the actual gift itself.

If she does Im sure there is something associated with her hobby or like that would mean a lot!

9. abijnk macrumors 68040

abijnk

Maybe this is just me, but I'd say that if it is memorable and unique it will be something you came up with on your own. ;)