Memories MacOS vs. IOS

Discussion in 'macOS Sierra (10.12)' started by bmodi, Jan 31, 2017.

1. bmodi macrumors member

bmodi

On IOS you are able to create your own memories. One possibility is to use "Moments", hit the button to edit the slide show -> you get told that a memory has to be created if you want to edit it -> you confirm it and after that you can edit the created memory.

One thing you can do is to add additional photos or remove some which already have been included. After doing all changes you have your own memory. You will get it synched to all your devices.

BUT -> only on my IOS devices i can see the customized memory.

On my Mac, running MacOS Sierra, i do NOT get the customized one. I get the default one, the automatically created one based on the "Moment" -> that means the changes i did on IOS are not included in the memory on MacOS.

I hope my explanation is clear.

As a matter of fact, the customized memories on IOS are not looking exactly the same than the ones on MacOS.

Is this just how it is or did i miss something to get the same customized memories also on Mac OS.

2. bmodi thread starter macrumors member

bmodi

It seems that it is the case that modifications on Memories are only shown on IOS devices but not on Mac OS.
    Did it together with a friend in his environment. Same result than if i do it with my devices.

On the Mac you "only" get the Memory shown as it has been automatically created. If you change such a Memory on your IOS device (for example you add new photos, change the music...) those changes are not shown on the Mac. On all other IOS devices they are shown.

Not nice...