Memories that Facebook conjures up

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by glocke12, Jan 16, 2011.

1. glocke12 macrumors 6502a

glocke12

Since signing up for FB I've really come to regret it somewhat, mainly because my high school experience was really less than pleasant, and alot of the people that have friended me are people that I personally don't hold anything against, they were are just associated with a time of my life that Id sooner forget.

It is what it is though. Quite honestly many of the people that send me friend requests I either don't remember at all, or only have vague recollections of, but once in awhile I get a friend request that triggers something.

For example, I just got a friend request from someone that I went to elementary school with. He looks like he is doing well now, but really the only memory of him is of him being the kid in class that ate paste and drank out of the urinal.

2. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

The interesting thing about fb is that the friend requests you get are so very easily ignored. Be the adult and don't accept their friendships or just don't use fb. Fb should have benefit for you. If you cannot see benefit and it only causes you pain then lose the account.

High school was stupid for many, don't let your adult life be burdened with the same stupidity.

3. obeygiant macrumors 68040

obeygiant

I think you're experiencing "social media remorse" or at least a part of it. Don't worry, everyone gets it a little.

4. R94N macrumors 68020

R94N

I'm not that really popular in real life so most of the people I friend on Facebook are people that I recognise but have only spoken to once or twice.