memory card reader not reading SDHC on macbook pro

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by bvb, May 5, 2009.

1. bvb macrumors newbie

For some reason it seems that my macbook pro isn't reading the SDHC card in my multi (10-in-1) stratitec USB2CR8 reader. I can't seem to find info on whether or not it is the reader and it can't read SDHC or the 4GB card size, or if the issue is with my computer.

Anybody got any ideas, and if necessary I'll go and buy a new memory card reader if that is the issue.

Thanks for any ideas.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

If the USB port you have it connected to works with other devices, its probably the card reader. If other cards/media works in the card reader, its probably the slot itself. You can try a PRAM reset on the computer but its a bit of a long shot.

3. jbrettz macrumors member

I found out after buying a SDHC card, that the older multicard readers will not read them unless they state they do. I had to go out and buy a card reader that read the SDHC cards. My card reader was 18 months old, I guess before SDHC cards were as common today. Maybe a new multicard reader will, but it has nothing to due with the macbook pro.

Brett

4. Sesshi macrumors G3

Sesshi

You have two potential variables there.

The first is that the reader may not be SDHC compatible.

If it's a 4Gb SD card - not an SDHC card - it may not read properly in many devices.

5. svillela macrumors newbie

Same problem on Mountain Lion 10.8.1

I'm having the same problem on my early 2011 model MacBook Pro. I've also noticed that I have issues reading SanDisk CF Cards trough a USB reader. Is there any solution yet? I've tried installing the latest XQuartz but still my SDHC cards won't mount.