Memory Foam Bags For 17" UBMP?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Bazzy, Jun 20, 2009.

1. Bazzy macrumors regular

Hi All,

I was delighted with the Samsonite Pillow Laptop bags for my 15" MBP - they offer unparralled protection imo as they totally surround the laptop with about an 1.5" of high density memory foam on all sides completely - I had two, a backpack and a messenger style bag.

I will hopefully now get a new 17" UMBP and looking for something similar - Samsonite have a new Laptop Pillow II range but only the backpack allows for a 17" laptop. I really would like a messenger style one if possible.

Does anyone know of any other brand that offers a messenger style bag for 17inchers that also has the dense memory foam in the laptop compartment? I know there are endless cool looking bags out there but I want the superior protection of the memory foam - once one has tried it, it is very difficult to accept something else as it gives total peace of mind and it is almost impossible to damage the laptop with it in any way!

Thanks All,

Bazzy!

2. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Quick question on this - how does a bag for a 17 inch stop the person's back basically putting pressure on the aluminium frame of the MBP? It is metal, but it is also flexible, and the bottom especially so.

3. Bazzy thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

Those are mainly thin neoprene sleeves which do not offer muck shock protection - I was referring to bags with a dedicated laptop compartment made specifically from thick dense self moulding memory foam like the Samsonite Pillow but that would fit a 17" UBMP. The memory foam is at least an inch thick and moulds itself to the laptop offering fantastic shock protection.

Bazzy!

4. Bazzy thread starter macrumors regular

Hi,

This is one of the reasons I bought the Samsonite with the memory foam as I have read too many stories of screens damaged in backpacks due to pressure from books, chargers etc and when external pressure like being squeezed in a tightly packed commuter train! The apple screens are delicate and expensive to replace!

The foam they use is very dense and completely moulds itself fully over the MBP and it is extremely shock resistant so it eliminates that chances of damage being done to the screen or knocks damaging the hard drive as in the above instances. I just wish I can find a messenger style bag for the 17" UMBP that offers the same thing!

Bazzy!

5. NovemberWhiskey macrumors 68030

NovemberWhiskey

HI,

Neoprene? Maybe you should take another look at those links.

And the point of my mentioning the google hits was that you can easily find what you want with a google search.

6. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid