Memory for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by cave12man, Jan 25, 2008.

1. cave12man macrumors member

I have a G4 power mac with the mirrored drive doors. (called quiksilver i think) was wondering how i find out what type of memory i need to get to upgrade. Buying a new 750 gig HD and want to upgrade my memory as well. Trying to get the most out of my machine without having to upgrade to a better, newer one. Any help on what upgrades i should do would be great.

2. samh004 macrumors 68020

samh004

You can check which PowerMac G4 you have here. There could be 4 computers that match what you said. The RAM differs from PC133 to PC2700. So make sure you correctly identify which machine yours is there.

3. cave12man thread starter macrumors member

Actually just did some research and its called the MDD (Mirrored Drive Doors) not quicksilver which was the previous model. Also info on compatible video cards would be great. Im doing some googling as well but figured id post on here since i always get great responses. thanx again.

4. Dave.S macrumors newbie

Memory for Mac

I also have a MDD, dual 1Ghz, just installed 2Gb of Corsair ram 4 x 512mb modules and have nothing but Kernal problems. Took it out and replaced the original 1Gb. Now going to substitute it for Kingston ram which is said to be 100% compatible code- KTA-G4333/512, see what happens........

5. OllyW Moderator

OllyW

Staff Member

Get Mactracker to identify your exact Mac model.

Once you know which type of MDD it is, use the search tool on Crucial.com to identify the correct memory specs. You don't have to buy it from Crucial, but they guarantee their RAM will work with the Mac model you type in when ordering.