Memory leak issues

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ballmatic, Feb 6, 2012.

1. ballmatic macrumors newbie

I have an iPhone 4S jailbroken with Absinthe 0.4.

I got past the point where Cydia was installed. I started installing various utilities and such like SBSettings. Then I noticed Apps were crashing. I turned on the status bar RAM viewer in SBSettings and noticed the RAM is stedy dropping from ~300MB down to zero. Then whatever is open gets closed out and then it starts all over. It is draining my battery like crazy.

I went into Cydia and removed everything I had installed except SBSettings. I disabled all Substrate addons, include Activator, PreferenceLoader, and libhide in SBSettings with no change.

So now I'm basically on a time limit with all my Apps before they crash! Highly annoying when writing a text or something! What should I do? I don't see anybody else having these issues? Should I restore and JB?

2. noiceT macrumors 6502a

Yes, definitely restore and re-jb.

3. LoloBond macrumors 6502

I really don't know what the problems is, but if that happen to me I'll restore and start all over again.

4. Ksizzle9 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A406 Safari/7534.48.3)

I personally think there is a memory leak in iOS 5. But that's just me

5. seanwebb68 macrumors 6502

I get a low memory quite often to trouble shot the issue i have been checking the logs

Settings
    General
    About
    Diagnostics & Usage
    Diagnostics & Usage Data

Now this list is in alphabetical orders so scroll down to lowmemory, then go to the last one which is normally the latest.

In here it shows you what was using loads of memory when it crashed.... mine is often facebook as its a replay badly design app.

This might help you work out whats wrong

6. Ponderous macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A405 Safari/7534.48.3)

Has anyone had success doing a restore and then re-jailbreak on a 4s? Mine wont restore.

7. maturola macrumors 68040

maturola

:D Sorry but that is very funny Bug... "go go hurry up i only got a few second left"

Anyway,,, something obviously went wrong and some app went rouge and corrupted something, as mentioned before your best bet would be to restore and rejailbreak.

8. ballmatic thread starter macrumors newbie

Problem solved!

I figured out the problem. I had my Mail settings to download 200 messages, and I have two different mail accounts. So it was sitting there constantly trying to download from two different Exchange servers until it ran out of RAM. I set it to 50 and now everything has leveled off. I've even added back some tweaks and everything runs just fine! I don't see the need to restore anymore!