Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
My iphone 5 started rebooting this weekend. I installed "ncRam for Notification Center" to be able to see my free memory and if it was going down before the reboots. I have put the phone into safe mode to see if that would stop the reboots but they keep happening. The phone starts with about 690 MB after a reboot and will go down until it crashes. There are low memory crash logs in the /var/logs/crashreporter folder that say that springboard was the largest process. I don't know how to interpret the data after that in the crash log, so I don't know if it can tell me the culprit or not. I've attached one of the most recent low memory crash reports, any help in interpreting it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Attachments

• LowMemory-2013-02-18-093717.txt
    6.8 KB · Views: 468

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
Or are there other crash logs I should be looking at to help figure out what is causing this?

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Is there anyway to free up memory on iOS 6.1 WITHOUT installing SBSettings or a respring? I have no need for it.

TM WAZZA

macrumors 68000
Sep 18, 2010
Hamilton, New Zealand
Do you have Auxo installed? I find that it uses 30-100 MB extra (leak?)

I installed Clean Memory from cydia to free up RAM as I didn't like installing SBS. it's not in full English but I navigated my way through it easily.

MacDevil7334

Contributor
Oct 15, 2011
Austin TX
Do you by chance have Auxo installed? I have been having a similar problem since the latest update a few days ago. The devs are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
"WeeKillBackground" or something is a notification center widget that lets u kill all open tasks

I have one of those in BatteryDoctorPro actually but it doesn't free up memory, just kills the open apps.

----------

Do you have Auxo installed? I find that it uses 30-100 MB extra (leak?)

I installed Clean Memory from cydia to free up RAM as I didn't like installing SBS. it's not in full English but I navigated my way through it easily.

What repo can I find that in?

Enjoylife1788

macrumors 6502a
Aug 22, 2011
Do you by chance have Auxo installed? I have been having a similar problem since the latest update a few days ago. The devs are aware of the problem and are working on a fix.

Could you please tell me how exactly did u find that the latest version has some issue and that devs are aware of it.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I don't have auxo installed. Was there a mobile substrate update this weekend?

----------

I might be incorrect in saying that it happens in safe mode. It happens even when I boot up with the volume up button held, which i think disables mobile substrate, but I could be wrong about that. Was that the update that allowed notifications to be seen on customized lock screens?

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I also forgot to mention that right before the crash happens the icons for apps that are in folders will be missing. I will open the folder and all the app names will be there with no icons above them, if that info helps anyone in pinpointing the issue.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
I've narrowed it down to mobilesubstrate. Anytime a tweak is installed that uses mobilesubstrate, the low memory crash happens. Unfortunately I'm probably going to have to restore as new and rejailbreak to see if that fixes it since most tweaks depend on mobilesubstrate.

carguy0625

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2010
well it's still doing it with a fresh jailbreak and no apps installed and a couple tweaks that require mobile substrate!

BumpyFlatline

macrumors 68030
Apr 11, 2012
Is there anyway to free up memory on iOS 6.1 WITHOUT installing SBSettings or a respring? I have no need for it.

Yes. The dev of iCleaner has the same "free memory" function of sbsettings as a standalone app. It's on his personal repo. You just set an activator action to use it. Careful though. It's the same as sbsettings in that if you use it too many times in a row you'll crash the springboard. So don't use it 3 times in a row.

I have never used it. I'm in the "free memory is wasted memory" camp. I also don't kill my apps. The only exceptions to this is when I'm about to play a huge graphics intense game like infinity blade. In this case, I'll close all my apps to quickly free up the memory for infinity blade. The only other time ill close an app is if its frozen or has a bug. But outside of that I don't ever really free up memory or close apps.

If you want his repo just let me know.

stephen1108

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2007
Yes. The dev of iCleaner has the same "free memory" function of sbsettings as a standalone app. It's on his personal repo. You just set an activator action to use it. Careful though. It's the same as sbsettings in that if you use it too many times in a row you'll crash the springboard. So don't use it 3 times in a row.

I have never used it. I'm in the "free memory is wasted memory" camp. I also don't kill my apps. The only exceptions to this is when I'm about to play a huge graphics intense game like infinity blade. In this case, I'll close all my apps to quickly free up the memory for infinity blade. The only other time ill close an app is if its frozen or has a bug. But outside of that I don't ever really free up memory or close apps.

If you want his repo just let me know.

Oh yes please!! I would really appreciate his repo! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.