Memory Leaks in Mavericks

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by yoconman, Nov 8, 2013.

1. yoconman macrumors newbie

Hey everyone. I was just wondering if anyone is having memory leaks in Mavericks. Some of my safari plugins seem to be slowly taking up more and more memory. I don't remember this happening before I installed Mavericks. Does anyone out there have solution?

2. afin macrumors member

afin

Empty memory is useless memory. Caching is where it's at.

3. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

You'll have to wait for the plug-ins to be patch or Safari being updated. With that said Safari does have a long history of memory leaks. All I can say is if you notice an inordinate amount of memory being sucked up, by the plug-ins then reboot to reset everything.

4. yoconman thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah, I've been restarting safari often. It's more of the principal than it actually effecting my mac's performance.

5. leman macrumors 604

Maybe your plugins are using NSCache ? If there is no RAM pressure, climbing memory usage is perfectly ok - as long as it falls down when you start doing RAM-intensive stuff.

6. nzalog macrumors 6502

Now I know why Apple is not big on tech specs. Imagine if Apple released iPhone memory specs. We'd have all the "OS programmers" on mac rumors telling us how it's not enough memory for the iPhone.