Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Would like to start a notes discussion about MEMORY LEAK applications under ios7. These are applications that eat up the precious little memory available for iPhone4s or iPhone5.

One note have found that all WEATHER widget apps that display current weather will eat up your memory ram. So have elected to turn them off.

Asator

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2011
Australia
One note have found that all WEATHER widget apps that display current weather will eat up your memory ram. So have elected to turn them off.

I'm using Forecast and it seems to be running pretty good for me. I've heard Springtomize is fairly hungry though.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I had FORECAST working. It did not have any memory leak. But did use memory. Something else is causing a leak and can't figure it out. After a reboot (home-sleep button hold) my memory is 380m. But after a while it leaks up to 440m used. And just not sure why.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Likely I am just paranoid. iPhone5 has 1gb ram. While the iPhone 4s has 512megs. Still I look at ios7 on idle and see it hovering around 500m in use

ktjensen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
I just suspect that ios7 is a data pig. Am surprised there is not more development to reduce the data on older devices. Something like a plan that optimizes the limited space in a iPhone4s.

ktjensen

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 13, 2011
Memory leaks ios7 post jailbreak

Definitely a data leak somewhere. Hard reboot gets me to 380m of memory. Within several hours of iphone5 use I am back up to 550m and will need a hard reboot to get the iphone5 back down again.

Pango jailbreak just released a fix this morning. It did drop my idle memory down slightly. Something about sandbox fix. Will see how everything works in a few hours.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.