Memory Prices Steadily Increasing since March

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by Fomaphone, Aug 29, 2009.

1. Fomaphone macrumors regular

Anybody else feeling sheepish for holding off on a memory upgrade on a new machine? 2gb DIMMs used to be in the $19 range, and they're now around $26... the 4gb dimms have been coming down slowly, though.. too bad they're still too high for my taste.

i had been thinking that i'd wait to buy RAM until fcp could really take advantage of it (64-bit programming). as it is FCP rarely uses more than 10% of of my system resources even when it's tackling a huge clip (and i know that my system settings are set up correctly). anyway, it's not necessary right now but i don't want to pay an extra $200 for waiting around for longer.

2. Roy macrumors 6502

I was holding out until 12GB (3 X 4GB) got down under $400, but I finally went ahead and bought when the price was down to $469. I was concerned that the 4GB modules, as opposed to the 3 X 1GB modules, would run hotter, but my internal temps are slightly down and the fans run slightly slower. Never thought that would happen, but I've had no problems with my OWC memory. Worked great first time in. And I don't ever have any page outs.