Memory/Ram

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Feng Shui, May 19, 2008.

1. Feng Shui macrumors regular

2. happylau macrumors member

Best memory if from Crucial

The best memory you can buy for your Macbook pro is from Crucial, it's tested on Apple computers so you know it'll definitely work. People always say not to buy Kingston Value RAM as it's not tested on Apple.

http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=FF1F93F9A5CA7304

This is the one I bought and I'm extremely happy with it :)

3. Feng Shui thread starter macrumors regular

Oh ok. Thanks for the tip. Saved me from the trouble of getting angry if the ram does not work :)

4. flopticalcube macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Always buy from someone who will guarantee compatibility and give you a lifetime warranty. CanadaRAM is also a good retailer up here.

5. rpaloalto macrumors 6502a

rpaloalto

Yes I agree crucial is very high quality and is well tested. I have used them before.
    Canadaram.com is also very good, I believe the owner, is a very active member here at Macrumors. He wont push or advertise his sight or products to members here, very proper. From what I have seen in his comments on these forums I do know he is a big apple fan and cares about peoples experience's they have with apple's. I'm sure what he suggests and sells on his sight, is good for Mac's.

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

another vote for crucial here... I am very happy with my purchase from them, i've heard horror stories from my friends trying to get the cheapest deals and then it costing them more in the end with repairs and returns. just pay the extra $20 to $30 bucks and get crucial, at the end of the day you're still saving a ton of money over apple ram.

7. drewsof07 macrumors 68000

drewsof07

Anybody had any experience with KomUSA? I just ordered a 1g pc2700 stick for my pbg4, says its compatible with "Apple Powerbook." They have a "Apple Ram" section as well. It was a steal at just $40 and they seem to have really good store/service reviews.

8. jywv8 macrumors 6502

Another store

I've always bought my RAM from welovemacs.com. I've probably purchased about 10 different modules for 4 different machines over the past 8 years or so. I've never had a single problem.