Memory size in the AW series 4

jhfenton

macrumors 65816
Dec 11, 2012
Cincinnati, Ohio
Umm nice that’s it’s not only on lte models like the series 3...
Agreed. I ordered a Gold Aluminum Series 4 GPS to replace my Gold Aluminum Series 2, and I would have had a hard time deciding between the GPS and GPS+LTE if the GPS had still had 8 GB storage.

Lennyvalentin

macrumors 65816
Apr 25, 2011
The memory is not known but probably around 512MB to 1GB.:eek:
OG watch up to GPS S3 had 512MB RAM. LTE S3 allegedly has 768MB. S4, nobody knows until they do a teardown of it and a chemical dissolve of the polymer covering the SIP module.

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Actually that is how much storage it has.:D The memory is not known but probably around 512MB to 1GB.:eek:

EDIT: Eriamjh1138@DAN beat me to it.;)
This happens a lot, OP failed to distinguish the difference between Ram and memory in their opening post. The S4, however, Friday should have a confirmation once the Hardware releases and a teardown is complete.

Reactions: oeagleo

oeagleo

macrumors 6502a
Feb 5, 2016
West Jordan, Utah
This happens a lot, OP failed to distinguish the difference between Ram and memory in their opening post. The S4, however, Friday should have a confirmation once the Hardware releases and a teardown is complete.
From the "old days". RAM = Random Access Memory", ie. Memory that can be read, and written to. ROM = "Read Only Memory", that is the memory that houses the OS, firmware, etc.

I remember back when I was in Tech Support, people (mostly people calling in) used the term "Memory" to reference the Hard Drive in their systems. Just a little history..

Reactions: Hi Tek

mhn1234

macrumors newbie
Aug 27, 2009
Anyone know the actual RAM in the S4? I know that's not what OP meant
The god only version has 8gb of storage. The god + cellular version has 16tb of storage

How much ram they both have has never been disclosed by Apple as far as I know
[doublepost=1562960684][/doublepost]
The god only version has 8gb of storage. The god + cellular version has 16tb of storage

How much ram they both have has never been disclosed by Apple as far as I know
Stupid spell coorector that should be gps not god

Relentless Power

macrumors Nehalem
Jul 12, 2016
Pretty sure he means he wishes Geekbench would run on watchOS. And I agree – would be super interesting to see how fast Apples S1 – S4 SiPs actually are.
Got it. Thanks. I was confused by that member when they used the word ‘make’. But as far as an actual breakdown of specs’, I’d imagine the Series 4 faster dual core processor (64 but) would run circles around the S1 chip in the first Gen watch, but the Series 3 uses a the dual core processor, And I would like to see a table comparison as well.

Reactions: Nama52018

Poki

macrumors 65816
Mar 21, 2012
Got it. Thanks. I was confused by that member when they used the word ‘make’. But as far as an actual breakdown of specs’, I’d imagine the Series 4 faster dual core processor (64 but) would run circles around the S1 chip in the first Gen watch, but the Series 3 uses a the dual core processor, And I would like to see a table comparison as well.
Yeah, that's the one thing I hate about smartwatches – getting any performance metrics of the chips used is pretty much impossible. Also, I really hope Apple can double CPU speed again this year – at the rate they're adding features to watchOS, we're gonna need that speed sooner rather than later.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.