Memory Stick with SD Card Slot on MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TeddyLeroux, Jan 10, 2010.

1. TeddyLeroux macrumors member

I am thinking about getting a 15 inch MBP and a Sony Bloggie Video Camera... I was wondering if the sony bloggie takes sd or if the MBP recognizes Memory Stick in the SD Card Slot??:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

The SD slot is for SD and SDHC cards. Whatever Sony Memory Stick they include with it probably won't work, but you can also hook up the camera via USB.

3. TeddyLeroux thread starter macrumors member

ya i could do that i and just figured out(via YouTube) that sony takes SD Cards now... Yay!!!!!!! So No Problem Here!!!!!:apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

4. coast1ja macrumors 6502

5. Gabriel GR macrumors 6502a

Gabriel GR

Memory stick and XD picture are dying, if not dead already.

I am one of the morons that got an olympus camera :(

6. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

Wow it looks like Apple was on to something by giving the MBP's an SD slot only... If even Sony is conforming and starting to include SD in their products. They were gun-ho about sticking to their own media format.

I'm thinking of picking up the bloggie as well, I got my MBP right before they changed to SD slots so I have the last 15" model with express card 3/4.... can anyone reccomend a good card reader that will sit flush with the unibody, and looks good relative to the aluminum? (i'm all about maintaining the aesthetics sorry)

7. sdspa macrumors newbie

bloggie

My daughter go the bloggie yesterday. used the usb extension cable to hook to my macbook pro. 5 secs later it opened iphoto. Video's were clear and nice. Also used imovie. I have a 12 in 1 reader I use for the other pictures.

8. Habitus macrumors 6502a

Habitus

That won't work, but you can always connect your camera via USB.

Habitus :apple:

9. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Indeed, and it has nothing to do with the MBP... you can't read a Memory Stick via a SD card slot. Kind of like putting a USB plug into a FireWire port and hoping it will work. Similar function, but different pin setup.

10. bigjnyc macrumors 601

bigjnyc

I just got the bloggie yesterday, charged it at work and used it at a concert last night. Haven't had a chance to download the videos yet since the battery ran out and I got home really late. I will try it after work today using USB on my 15" MBP..... I did get an 8gb SDHC card for it so i am definitely interested in getting a SD card reader for my express card slot.