Memory suggestions?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by ti2ibal1, Oct 12, 2008.

1. ti2ibal1 macrumors member

I've got a brand new MB that I'm looking to upgrade the memory on. Is one brand better than another when it comes to buy memory for these? (Macs)

I've always bought Corsair for my PC's, does it work just as well for Macs?

Thanks.

EDIT: This seems like a heck of a deal!! http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233066

2. ti2ibal1 thread starter macrumors member

Anyone? Anything?

If this thread was about October 14th, I would have had 78463826 replies already.

Anyone have any memory suggestions?

3. thesnowman16 macrumors member

thesnowman16

Sorry I have no idea about memory brands, however I can't help but agree with you on the oct 14th thing ;)

4. KompleX macrumors regular

why don't you just exchange the macbook for the newer ones that are coming out this tuesday?? doing so is a much bigger upgrade than just adding more memory.

5. ti2ibal1 thread starter macrumors member

Please explain to me to how this will be a bigger upgrade. The most intensive thing I do on my MB is run Photoshop or Transmission. Do you even know what the specs of the new model are?

Holy smokes! I guess my friends were right when they talked about apple fan boys....

6. ti2ibal1 thread starter macrumors member

7. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

Not to speak for Komplex, but s/he seems to be suggesting that the new MB will be substantially better, provided the rumors of a switch to NVidia chipset turn out to be true. In particular, Photoshop CS4 will benefit dramatically over the current MB since it now leverages the gpu for many of its tasks.

No one knows, but there is a high probability that the revisions tomorrow will be substantially better, especially for gpu-intensive tasks if they do ship with NVidia chipsets.

Nothing fanboy about it; it's just good advice.

8. ti2ibal1 thread starter macrumors member

The advice is appreciated, but I don't think it's going to be needed. Tomorrow is the big announcement, right? What makes you think they are going to launch the same day? If it's anything like the iphone, these new models are at least a few weeks away before you see them on shelves.

I've got until this Saturday to return my Mac. (and pay a 15% restocking fee) This thread was made to see if anyone could suggest some good memory. I didn't ask for opinions of what I should do with my computer.

Mike

9. Cave Man macrumors 604

Cave Man

10. fao91 macrumors newbie

I used Transcend 2x2gb 667mhz(800mhz doesn´t work) on a Macbook Pro:no problems
    I used Kingston 2x1gb on a Sony Vaio:no problems