memory upgrade in UK

yuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
Hi, all

I plan to upgrade the memory for my pb12 to 1.25g.

Initially, I intended to buy from Crucial UK. But recently I found the price of 1g stick has risen from 120 to 135 pounds. not so cheap, hu?

I looked it up in http://www.ebuyer.co.uk, and find:

1.Kingston 1GB SOdimm Id Apple. 100 pounds
Apple PowerBook G4 15-inch 1.0/1.25GHz (PC2700); Apple PowerBook G4 17-inch (PC2700)

2.Crucial 1GB DDR PC2700 333MHz 200pin SODIMM 128mx64 for notebooks. the price is 90 pounds.

This I am afraid is not guaranteed for powerbook.

My problems is that is the kingston memory stable for Apple?
I used to buy one KVR memory and it works fine. what about this one?

And are there any alternative memories? or alternative website that is cheap for crucial memory in UK?

Thanks in Advance.

Yu Yuan

witness

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2005
Austria
I just looked at the crucial website and a 1GB 2700 sodimm is £91.64 inc. VAT.

I have never had any problems putting memory in mac's so long as it is the correct spec.

Comment

BlizzardBomb

macrumors 68030
Jun 15, 2005
England
Umm... to me it's £135.11 for a 1GB powerbook upgrade on crucial... Something fishy going on? :p

I have also noted a rise in iMac's memory costs too. In fact by about £10! What's going on here?!?!

Comment

yuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
witness said:
I just looked at the crucial website and a 1GB 2700 sodimm is £91.64 inc. VAT.

I have never had any problems putting memory in mac's so long as it is the correct spec.
I guess this is not guaranteed for apple powerbook.

Although when the specification matches, the problems seldom occur, just in case.

Comment

yuy

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 27, 2005
BlizzardBomb said:
Umm... to me it's £135.11 for a 1GB powerbook upgrade on crucial... Something fishy going on here? :p

I have also noted a rise in iMac's memory costs too. In fact by about £10! What's going on here?!?!
yes, surprised to see the price increase when other memories price is falling :mad:

Comment

Applespider

macrumors G4
Have a look on Kingston's US site and find out the code for their PB 1GB module. Then go onto kelkoo or pricerunner and see what the cheapest UK price for that part is. Kingston's memory is lifetime guaranteed. It's only their Value RAM that isn't guaranteed to wowk with Macs.

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.