Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rogerbottrell

macrumors member
Original poster
May 16, 2014
read up on it....called the apple wizards and while i am not very bright- i am not sure about the apple wizards either--?
new late 2013 27" iMac me089xx came with 8 gig-i want to upgrade, but to what? the wizards say 16 gig is max- however i read that 32 is. i assume 32 is third party hw.? can someone give me some informed information on memory upgrade? how much money and 16 or 32g and details if i need any.thank you very much--new guy here some of the confusion is mine.--and some is the wizards-however i know where to go to for the correct information. and thank you very much for your trouble.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
read up on it....called the apple wizards and while i am not very bright- i am not sure about the apple wizards either--?
new late 2013 27" iMac me089xx came with 8 gig-i want to upgrade, but to what? the wizards say 16 gig is max- however i read that 32 is. i assume 32 is third party hw.? can someone give me some informed information on memory upgrade? how much money and 16 or 32g and details if i need any.thank you very much--new guy here some of the confusion is mine.--and some is the wizards-however i know where to go to for the correct information. and thank you very much for your trouble.
Maximum RAM for that model is 32GB. You can find specs on all Apple products, including maximum RAM:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.