Memory

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Darrenyo, Nov 6, 2010.

1. Darrenyo macrumors member

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

What MacBook do you have and what do you do with it? If you need more RAM, then it's a good buy

3. Darrenyo thread starter macrumors member

I have the 2010 April Macbook Pro 13"

It currently has 4GB DDR3 ram.

I use both Windows and Mac OS X, i would use Windows for gaming and Microsoft Apps and Mac for everything else.

4. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

5. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Although I have Kingston in my iMac many have reported problems with Kingston's Value Ram. As long as it's not their Value Ram it's OK but I think the best overall value is with OWC's brand.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

It doesn't say anything about ValueRAM in the link. I've built dozens of computers with Kingston's ValueRAM without issues. Of course there is always the tiny margin of defective products and people who complain but that applies to OWC as well.

*cough* NuRAM *cough*

7. rkaufmann87 macrumors 68000

rkaufmann87

Yea I saw the link for the Kingston in another thread for 8GB of DDR3 1066 at $119.99 from Buy.com however Buy.com charges sales tax so that brings the price back up.

Glad you have had good luck with Kingston's ValueRam. I've never used it I was parroting back what I'd read elsewhere.

I still prefer OWC's service but that's just my preference.

8. Mac-key macrumors 6502a

would you suggest staying away from NuRam? I'm looking to upgrade very soon. so just curious

9. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I wouldn't. If you read the thread I linked, there are many people saying they have never had that flickering issue. Maybe a small margin of the modules are defective, I don't know. OWC has great customer service so I wouldn't worry, if you face problems, just give them a call