Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jarman74

Contributor
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Hi,

I've been running Memtest 4.22 twice in a row and I got the following messages:

First run:

Walking Zeroes: setting 123 of 128 USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 26020128B005 0x424 0x2228 0x539 ok

Everything else was ok.

Second run:

Bit Flip: testing 383 of 512 USBMSC Identifier (non-unique): 26020128B005 0x424 0x2228 0x539 ok

Everything else was ok.

I don't know whether these are errors or not. I just see the numbers are the same.

I've got 4x1GB RAM modules. Does this mean one of them is bad?

Thanks!

zachsilvey

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2008
Battle Ground
Sounds like you are ok, when memtest runs into issues it usually say FAILURE! I would recommend running periodically just to see if you get any more errors because those two might be warnings that there is potential for failure.

Jarman74

Contributor
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Sounds like you are ok, when memtest runs into issues it usually say FAILURE! I would recommend running periodically just to see if you get any more errors because those two might be warnings that there is potential for failure.

Thanks for your reply. A third run of Memtest didn't report any issues at all.

However, I've found the very same message in the Console log - just after this one: "The IOUSBFamily is having trouble enumerating a USB device that has been plugged in. It will keep retrying. (Port 1 of hub...[some hex number here])". As I have a Logitech QuickCam Vision Pro (which is usually turned off) connected to USB port 1, could I safely assume the system is just trying to access my webcam and there isn't anything wrong with my machine?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.