Mention common iphone 3g problems that the genius cant verify and they exchange it.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by preguntonontrac, Oct 26, 2008.

1. preguntonontrac macrumors 6502

Just want to know reason and common iphone 3g problems mainly battery or software that the genius or att customer support cant verify and they probably exchange it.

2. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

If you're having problems with your phone, how about just telling them what problems you're having?

Why do you feel the need to make something up?

3. Chef-Jer macrumors member

Tell them one of the speakers on the bottom of the phone stopped working;)

4. samiwas macrumors 65816

God I hate these threads. "How do I cheat and get them to replace my phone that I broke, for free?"

5. Surely Guest

Surely

Or tell them that when you hold down the Home Button, everything starts jiggling.

6. TheConfuzed1 macrumors 6502a

Heh... Yeah. That'll do the trick.

7. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Tell them the Warranty states: "Waterproof to 100 feet" but when I washed it off in the tub it stopped working.

8. efp1 macrumors 6502

efp1

when you hold the home button and sleep button at the same time the screen suddenly flashes!

9. Chef-Jer macrumors member

You could also tell them your having trouble receiving MMS.

10. EnderTW macrumors 6502

If you want to get a free replacement do this, it's what I did.

Sign up for an e-mail that doesn't have SSL, then config it for your iPhone. Take it to them and ask them to figure it out, they won't be able to figure it out and ask maybe I need to replace my phone.

worked for me.

11. daisuke07 macrumors regular

Tell them your battery dies too fast and you have everything turned off/low (wifi, 3g, push, brightness).

12. notsofatjames macrumors 6502a

notsofatjames

go to an apple store and take your credit card...

13. kzoojason76 macrumors member

Tell them you were shaking it really hard to get the iPod app to shuffle, and you heard something rattle inside.

14. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Tell the Genius that you paid for "turn-by-turn" GPS and "copy & paste" or else it was a deal breaker...:D

15. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

wow, which one you used?

16. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1 PWNed): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

Use Photoshop to create a boot logo screen identical to the default one, but add three or four white pixels. Then, create a black wallpaper with white pixels in exactly the same places.

Jailbreak the iPhone, use the new boot logo screen and wallpaper, use Poof to hide all of your jailbreak apps (including Poof itself) and then take it in, claiming it has dead pixels. ;)

17. preguntonontrac thread starter macrumors 6502

this is great idea, still i need a tutorial on this lol xD.

18. Chef-Jer macrumors member

preguntonotrac - I'm wondering why would you want to exchange your phone if you don't have any problems that a genius would exchange it for?

19. mavis macrumors 68040

mavis

Wirelessly posted (iPhone 3G (16GB, 2.1 PWNed): Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5F136 Safari/525.20)

That's a good question. I'm guessing it's something superficial, like scratches on the bezel/Apple logo or similar. ;)

20. Chef-Jer macrumors member

maybe - but why risk getting a worse phone for something superficial? I'm on my third phone due to cracks and my second one was horrible - dropped calls, safari crashing, bad battery and cracking. Why risk it?

21. svndmvn Guest

Yeah,seriously,you'll never find a better one if it doesn't have problems a genius would exchange it for,and you'll probably scratch your new one as well,no?
    I'm probably on my sixth,bad luck or kind of picky,light leak on all of them,uneven edges,about seven White pixels on most of them,dust on one,bad home button on one,sunken sleep button on the last one,bad silent button and strange issues with this one,some dead pixels and cracks on just one..
    I just want a good one for the 569€ I payed,I want to scratch myself..