Mentioned for 3Gs, but not for 3G. Anybody?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Arkanok, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Arkanok macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

I did a brief search but couldn't find any threads mentioning this yet, so here I go.

The new iPhone 3Gs will have Nike+ support, which I assume means it comes with the sensor and the software built into the device, but, since 3.0 is also coming out, does anybody know if 3.0 will allow us iPhone 3G users who don't plan to upgrade to the 3Gs to use the Nike+ so long as we plug in the sensor to the phone? I mean, the iPod touch has it, and now the iPhone 3Gs will have it. I didn't hear anything during the keynote about 3.0 including it, so does anybody know?

I sincerely hope it does, because I don't wanna buy either a Nano or a 3Gs (as I'm happy only owning the 3G) but I really want Nike+ support in iPhone 3G.

2. MistaBungle macrumors 6502a

MistaBungle

If you go to the Apple page, there is the 3.0 update page and then the iPhone 3GS page. Nike + is only on the 3GS page, just like compass/video/voice.

3. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

****in lame. It's as if it's impossible to put it on the 3g, i mean ****, add the software and let us plug in the sensor, how friggen hard is that? I'm tired of all this bullsht random support for certain features that SHOULD work on previous models.

So either way, if I want Nike+, I'm out tons of cash. Great, thanks Apple. (*******s)

4. Dmich116 macrumors member

Hell, they are making money. You should make some too so you can buy the 3GS

5. ruinfx macrumors 6502a

its not "random support". its a deliberate move to make people upgrade.

6. Arkanok thread starter macrumors 6502a

Arkanok

Yeah except they seem to have forgotten that people have contracts which may or may not be able to be upgraded with the 199 and 299 price tags.