Menu bar at the top of both displays

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Handle, Oct 23, 2014.

1. Handle macrumors regular

I just tried hooking my MacBook Air up to my LCD TV with a thunderbolt to HDMI adapter. It worked, but I noticed that there is a menubar at the top of the TV screen and it stays there all the time, even when I put a video in full screen. I can click on the menubar on the laptop and it takes the menubar on the TV out of focus, but it's still there and annoying when watching a movie.

Is there any way to get rid of the menubar from the TV screen altogether? I don't need it on both the TV and the laptop screen.

2. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

If you deactivate the options "monitors use seperate spaces" in Settings => Mission control you'll only have one menu bar on your primary display.

If I go fullscreen on my secondary display the menu bar hides. Maybe it's your player's fault? Works fine with itunes, VLC and MXPlayer for me.

3. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

That fixed it! Thanks

I tried a few different players. Is the menubar on your secondary monitor the only one you have?

4. PhiLLoW macrumors 6502

I use seperate spaces for each monitor so every one has it's own menu bar.

When i maximize VLC for example the menu bar hides behind the window.

5. Handle thread starter macrumors regular

That's odd. I tried full screen Netflix, Starz play, and a couple others and the menu bar was always at the top.

But I don't want the menu bar on that display at all so you cured my issue :)