Menu bar daily planner/task list

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by sgibson, Jun 11, 2008.

1. sgibson macrumors regular

sgibson

Can anyone recommend an application to do the following or a close approximation.

Sits in the menu bar to be summoned by a click or hotkey.
    Has an input field that allows you to quickly create a new task that you want to achieve today.
    Allows strikethrough/colour change of completed tasks.
    Single click delete of item in the list.
    Clicking a task allows further details/notes to be added.
    Integrates with iCal and creates each task as a due date today.
    Start of each days asks if you want to remove yesterdays tasks.
    Option to add general tasks from iCal to the list, preferably seperated from the today list.

Basically, a menu bar version of a clean piece of paper and a pen.

2. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

you could try either -

Things (www.culturedcode.com/things) - Still in BETA, and will be around $49 upon release. No Menu-bar item yet, but we are told it's on the way. Has a configurable shortcut option to trigger adding of tasks.

Dejumble (www.dejumble.com) - Runs in the Menu-bar. Seems to achieve the things you want. Priced at $19.

Personal preference would determine which one to go with. I'm a user of Things, and I quite like it, and the direction that it's heading. Both have a free demo, so try them and let us know what you think!

EDIT - and if you sign up for the Things newsletter now, on the CC website, you can get Things for $39.

3. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Another worth checking out is MenuCalendarClock...

Which let's you see and manage your iCal todos (on Mac OS X 10.5) from the menu bar.

4. sgibson thread starter macrumors regular

sgibson

Dejumble seems to be almost exactly what I was looking for, couple of minor issues that seem to be getting fixed anyway so we could be onto a winner here.

Many thanks :)

5. vandozza macrumors 6502a

vandozza

This app also looks pretty good. I'm surprised that I hadn't heard of it before.
    Downside is that it's $20, and personally I'm addicted to the iStat menus cal/clock :)