Menu bar dissapears

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by Pieteru, Aug 16, 2011.

1. Pieteru macrumors newbie

Haven't found this issue to be covered anywhere else, and I think it's related to installing Lion. Basically, my menu bar exhibits the same fading behavior in full screen mode as outside full screen mode. Only when I select finder is the menu bar stuck on my screen, otherwise I have to move my mouse to my upper screen edge for it to appear. All fine and dandy in full screen, but positively annoying outside of it as I constantly have an empty bar where I'd rather have the information from my menu bar.

- I've tried troubleshooting with another user account, same issue
    - Installed Lion at exactly the same moment with a friend who has exactly the same macbook pro (late 2009), and who does not have this problem. We also share most of our apps.

I'm basically looking for a way to reset the menu bar settings. I've found some references to com.apple.systemuiserver.plist, which is missing from my preference folder. My old snow leopard time machine, that I haven't updated yet, also has this file missing.

2. Pieteru thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried calling apple and got a completely inept representative on the phone who had trouble understanding the problem. Any help?