Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

acctman

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2012
Georgia
My menu bar has vanished as well as my dock will not re-appear after latest update. first time this has ever happened... rebooting brought it back too early to tell if this may be a recurring bug or just a minor hiccup

MaxPayne79

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2014
It's probably just a minor hiccup. If it came back than i'm pretty sure it'll stay this time.

I had a bizarre time installing DP7 where my MBA crashed on the initial startup after the install. Then again after the second restart lol. I though that's it. I can wipe the whole thing. So I booted into 'safe mode' which worked then manually restated from there and it loaded fine. Never happen again. But the DP7 was strange release all together. DP8 is much better so far. :)

madsci954

macrumors 68030
Oct 14, 2011
Ohio
I experienced the same thing when I set up my MBP running ML, first boot up out of the box. Whenever I cmd+Q an app, the menu bar would disappear until another app was launched or switched to Finder. A quick search said to reboot. I rebooted, problem went away, never saw it again. That was over a year ago, so what you saw was probably a hicup.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.