Menu Bar icon location...for the other apps

Discussion in 'macOS' started by aaagat111, Jul 6, 2010.

1. aaagat111 macrumors regular

aaagat111

Hi all,

I want to know where to find the icons that are shown in my menubar for the non-generic icons. So for instance, i know the pre-installed menu bar icons are located in System/Library/CoreServices/MenuExtras -- > then they are the .pdf files inside each of the individual .menu files.

For the other apps I install that show up in the menubar such as growl, evernote, dropbox, istat nano...etc they do NOT show up in that directory though. Do they have their own .menu files or do they just have an icon for the menubar. If so, which one, and where are these files located.

If you have any questions about clarifying, please ask!!

Thanks,

Alex

2. Sirobin macrumors 6502

Sirobin

Find the application (or in the case of stuff like Growl, which is a preference pane, the .prefrencepane file at ~/Library/PreferencePanes, or /Library/PreferencePanes) right click, choose “Show Package Contents” then go to Contents -> Resources. There’s a chance they’re in there. At the very least, they are for Dropbox...hope that helps.

3. aaagat111 thread starter macrumors regular

aaagat111

Almost there...

so for some applications like drop box and divvy, they are in the application --> show package contents --> resources folder but not for many.

Some examples of those apps that don't have the menu bar icon in the resources folder are:

Evernote
    isolator
    growl (nor can i find it in the preference pane)
    istat

If they aren't in the resources or preference pane file though I can't imagine where they would be.

Anybody else have a suggestion/know?

Thanks again,

Alex

4. nirbhay macrumors newbie

9 years down, any luck yet?

been a long time, anybody know a solution yet?