Menu bar icon minor glitches

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Clete2, Jul 5, 2017.

1. Clete2 macrumors 65816

Clete2

Ever since getting my 2017 MBP, I've been experiencing minor and persistent graphical glitches at the menu bar icons. It looks like dashed horizontal lines except around the Siri and search icons where it looks like random dots. If I click in the area it goes away and same for trying to take a screenshot.

Issue with my graphics or an OS issue? You have to zoom in to see.

Attached Files:

2. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Yes, I seeing exactly the same issue. 2017 MacBook Pro 13" 2 TB3 ports, i7, 16GB ram, 512GB SSD. I've only noticed it on external monitors, I've not seen on the MBP screen. I first saw it on an HP monitor connected to an Elgato thunderbolt 3 dock but now I'm seeing it on the LG Ultrafine 4K display connected via USB-C also. The MBP is only a week old, I'd be OK if it's some software glitch but I'm trying to determine if it's a hardware issue before the return time is up. It's only in the menu bar and if you click on the top right icon to show the sidebar it immediately goes away temporarily.

3. bcaslis macrumors 68020

Did you ever find a resolution for this or are you still seeing it?

4. Clete2 thread starter macrumors 65816

Clete2

Not seeing it much in High Sierra.

Happens to me on internal monitor. If I see it again, I will post back.

5. bcaslis macrumors 68020

I just upgraded to High Sierra yesterday and now I'm not seeing it either. Makes sense since it looked like an OS software issue.