Menu bar looks strange + quick look preview not working

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pontvianne, Jul 10, 2015.

1. pontvianne macrumors newbie

pontvianne

I'm having a couple of issues with my Macbook pro, I have no idea if they're linked or not. I'll start with saying that all this happened the moment that my battery's condition changed ("Normal" to "Replace Soon"), however I couldn't find anyone else having the same issues as me, so I have no idea whatsoever if this might be related to me needing to change the battery for a new one or not.

One issue is this: my menu bar looks odd, only on the icons to the right. Here is a screenshot:

[​IMG]

Furthermore, when I click the icons not working properly, I get strange messages. The Time Machine says it's not configured, the AirPort one says it's not installed (even though I have internet, I'm using it right at this moment). And of course the battery says what I've said here before: that it needs to be replaced soon.

Secondly, my quick look preview isn't working at all, and it's doing something strange whenever I try to use it. Whether I'm clicking the space bar on an icon on the desktop or on an open Finder window, the mouse turns to the loading icon for a couple of seconds, then if I have any Finder windows open at all, they all shut down, all of them.

My question is, can this possibly be connected to the fact I need to replace the battery? When I replace it, will these issues go away? Or is this just another issue that has nothing to do with it?

2. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

I don't imagine it's the battery, that just doesn't seem likely (but is possible). I would try an internet restoration of OSX and see if that sorts out your menu bar issues.

Of course you'll have to replace the battery at some point anyway.

3. pontvianne thread starter macrumors newbie

pontvianne

Yeah, I'm going to order a battery this week of course, it's just that these issues struck me as odd, and no one else seemed to be having them at the same time as the battery replacement warning. Which was why it got me a little worried. Thank you, I'll try that if all else fails.