Menu bar modification

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
I have a 13-inch retina MBP running the latest OS. My niece came over today and I was showing her some features of using some apps. Anyway, she pointed out that the menu bar on my MBP looked bigger than hers. The more we compared the more I agreed it really did. But what it looked like is mine had bold set which made it appear bigger.

She has last year's MBP model. Is there any way to edit the menu bar?

whsbuss

macrumors 68040
Original poster
May 4, 2010
SE Penna.
The difference is in the display resolutions, set in System Preferences > Displays
Thanks, I checked there are we are both set to default for display. So maybe her display is different than mine, although we both have retina displays.

Gregg2

macrumors 603
May 22, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Well, everything I've ever read on what you're asking has said that the only way to change the Menu font size is by adjusting resolutions.

chown33

Staff member
Aug 9, 2009
Pale blue comma
Maybe the OS is different. Apple has made occasional changes to the system font across OS versions.

I suggest uploading a screenshot of the Finder menubar taken on each Mac, along with the exact version of the OS on each one, and its exact model number. Details are often important in cases like this.

If the screenshots are the same, then that means the difference would likely be due to hardware differences, as distinct from a software difference, such as which font is being used or its style variations.