Menu Bar never loads, finder does not open at startup

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Shpadoinkle, Oct 13, 2008.

1. Shpadoinkle macrumors newbie

the oddness starts up when I turn on my black macbook. there is no "OSX is loading" screen (no load bar, etc. just a blank blue screen and my mouse until the desktop wallpaper and icons appear.) This is not problematic at all, but once in a while it stops at just the blue screen and doesn't move for a good five minutes. The laptop does not prompt for a password anymoe unless finder is manually opened.

The menu bar no longer loads- no wireless help, bluetooth, etc. etc. etc. just spotlight and the apple logo up top. Both work just fine. The dock loads fine, and finder does not load on the start, but once started up does appear to function normally. I can start it from the dock, but the wireless sign etc. still will not appear, even if I ask it to appear in the menu bar. How do I make my menu bar reappear and finder open up on startup? Also, I can't get "about this mac" to open either, so I can't write much except that it's been upgraded some, and is OSX10.5 Leopard.

2. soberbrain macrumors 65816

soberbrain

Have you tried repairing permissions thru Disk Utility?

3. kylen1010 macrumors newbie

did you ever find a solution? I have this same issue. thanks.

I think mine started happening around the same time I installed windows with boot camp

4. Schtumple macrumors 601

Schtumple