Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NeoCrusader

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
Hey guys... I'm new to mac so bear with me... I have the 13 inch macbook pro..

The right side of my menu bar where you have the airport and battery life and all keeps coming and going.. It's looks like it's stuck in the reboot process because when it comes on, airport shows no internet connection, then a second later it connects to the internet.. However I never lose internet while this is happening...

The funny thing is that I tried to take a snapshot of it while it's NOT there, and it didn't let me... I can only take a snapshot when it's there...

I recently downgraded to 10.6 from 10.6.4 because the new update killed my internet..

Does anyone know how to fix this? I only have one 3rd party app which is Mozy that I use to backup my files... I removed the icon, the problems is still there.. I don't know what's happening...

any help is much appreciated! Thanks!

007bond

macrumors 6502a
Dec 12, 2008
DFW, Texas
First, this is a software problem, not a hardware one. Second, you should try using the combo updater to update to 10.6.4. I wouldn't suggest using 10.6 without it. Second, the issue may be because you are on 10.6 and the bug was fixed in newer versions of the software.

NeoCrusader

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 9, 2009
First, this is a software problem, not a hardware one. Second, you should try using the combo updater to update to 10.6.4. I wouldn't suggest using 10.6 without it. Second, the issue may be because you are on 10.6 and the bug was fixed in newer versions of the software.

Well the issue wasn't there when I first bought my laptop and it was running 10.6 I believe.. it's funny everytime I close my lid, go to sleep and wake up in the morning, i find a new software bug the next day.. and no one touches my laptop we don't even have kids in the house..

anywho, i guess i'm gonna try to upgrade again and see what happens

thank you so much, Bond

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.