Menu bar selection color

Discussion in 'OS X Mavericks (10.9)' started by Macgoddess-tn, Nov 5, 2013.

1. Macgoddess-tn macrumors newbie

I've been able to change the selection color in the menu bar itself, behind the apple menu icon, the Help Menu, and Spotlight, but not the drop down menu color. I can't even find the resource for the menu bar drop down selection color. I suspect it is a Core Graphic code line somewhere OR it is a resource also used elsewhere with a name that is easily overlooked because it deals with another element. Does anyone know?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Also, something strange happens in the dock trash with color. Leads me to believe that one resource is used in multiple places and that perhaps will lead me to the menu bar drop down selection color. Again, any ideas?

[​IMG]

2. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Just out of curiousity, how did you change the colors? And I'm also wondering why, if you can't change it, your drop-down menu color is gray...mine's blue.

3. Macgoddess-tn thread starter macrumors newbie

I modded resources in the SArtFile.bin to change the colors. I'm still looking for the resource to change the drop-down selection color, but haven't had luck finding them. :(

In your System Preferences>General>Appearance, choose graphite instead of blue and most of the elements in the display will be graphite instead of blue.

4. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

Thanks for the info. I forgot about the appearance option.

5. Broojo02 macrumors member

Broojo02

Off topic but how did you change the font size/typeface in the menu bar? I've tried TinkerTool but none of the font settings can change that.

6. Macgoddess-tn, Nov 8, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 8, 2013

Macgoddess-tn thread starter macrumors newbie

I used KillaAaron's install package. It includes several different fonts to choose from, and I chose Calibri. It also includes Andrea Fedi's menubar icons, which I LOVE and have used for a long time. He's taken the trouble out of having to port a font to change the system font, and all that jazz. Makes it really easy. Just follow the steps and select what options you want.

http://killaaaron.deviantart.com/art/Menu-bar-Icons-OS-X-Mavericks-10-9-406393600

7. Broojo02 macrumors member

Broojo02

Thanks very much :D Works like a charm.

8. Nein01, Apr 13, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 13, 2014

Nein01 macrumors 6502

Nein01

sorry to bump an old thread, but did you ever figure it out?

on my old powermac g5, i actually had a red menu bar selection color, but after i sold it i could never remember what program i used to change that, so my macbook pro now has generic blue.

the limited "appearance" options have always bothered me in os x, and of course now with mavericks it seems there are even fewer options out there for changing the dock color and such because a lot of the older programs like candybar have been outdated.

the menu bar selection color is the one thing i would really like to change.

anyone know how?

EDIT: found an answer 5 mins after posting this

flavours!
    http://flavours.interacto.net/
    https://www.macupdate.com/app/mac/47496/flavours