Menu Screen Present When Making/Receiving Calls

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by kecb, Jun 5, 2013.

1. kecb macrumors newbie

Whenever I make/receive a call my menu screen stays open on my iPhone 4, causing my cheek to touch mute/speaker/facetime/everything in the middle of the call. It's the most frustrating thing. I've had the phone for two years and don't remember it being such a problem. I recently repaired the cracked touch screen in March myself, ordering the replacement parts online from a highly ranked seller and followed the instructions from a youtube video- again, posted from a high-ranked individual- to the T and everything else is perfectly fine with the phone, and the new screen is good-as-new. However this call issue is a serious pain. Does anyone know what the problem is?

2. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Do you have a case installed blocking the sensor?

3. kecb thread starter macrumors newbie

Not sure where the sensor is (that's my ignorance showing). I have an Otterbox case

4. kecb thread starter macrumors newbie

Over 600 views on my question- does anyone have any advice on how to fix this?? It's at the point where I'm seriously considering selling this phone, buying one without a touch screen to use for calls and getting an iPod touch to use for my internet needs

5. MrMacMack macrumors 6502a

Do you still have the problem after removing the case?