Menulets Customization

Discussion in 'macOS' started by MirekDusinojc, Aug 12, 2015.

1. MirekDusinojc macrumors newbie

MirekDusinojc

Hello everyone, I have a question regarding the "menulets" and their customization. I'm a switcher from Windows and I wonder whether you can somehow hide some of them as you can in Windows. In Windows it is very convenient. You can choose which of them will be important and shown all the time, and which one will be hidden under the arrow and shown only when you want to reach them. So far I wasn't able to find this option for OS X. I know you can move some of them and delete them completely, but not all. For example I had to install Razer Synaps app for my mouse, and this app is always open with its ugly icon even though I don't need it and it is not possible to delete it or move it. And although I don't need some icons to be shown on the panel, I would still like to have them there hidden, not delete them completely, which seems to be so far only option how to get rid of them.
    So my question is, is there some secret system solution to this, which would in best way works as the one in Windows or is there some third party utility, which would do exactly this? Thank you for your tips and advices.

2. BrianBaughn macrumors 601

BrianBaughn

"Bartender" might be the thing for you. Not free but nifty looking.

3. MirekDusinojc thread starter macrumors newbie

MirekDusinojc

4. Weaselboy Moderator

Weaselboy

Staff Member

Yep OP... Bartender will do exactly what you want. I use it for just what you described.

http://www.macbartender.com

Edit: Ninja'd by OP :eek: