Merge Aperture and iPhoto libraries?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lssmit02, Jun 12, 2012.

1. lssmit02 macrumors 6502

Before I try this, I just wanted to see if anyone had experience merging their iPhoto and Aperture libraries.

Originally I had been using iPhoto as my photo application, but a little while back I started using Aperture instead. As a result, I now have two libraries-my old iPhoto library, and my Aperture library with all my recent photos. I would like to merge these into one, now that these applications can use a unified library. The instructions online are for using Aperture to merge two iPhoto libraries. I assume that these instructions would also work for merging the Aperture and iPhoto libraries.

2. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

Have you gotten your iPhoto to update to version 9.3? Because mine is still stuck on 9.2.3

3. lssmit02 thread starter macrumors 6502

Yes, both libraries have been updated to the latest version.

4. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

I'm not quite sure what to do. I've continuously tried software update but it won't update to the newest version.

5. lssmit02 thread starter macrumors 6502

You may have to update using the Mac App Store, if you bought iPhoto there, or If you bought a computer with OS X Lion. Here's what Help says:

6. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

7. jsf8x macrumors 6502

jsf8x

I've now got an issue where my Aperture Library can't be read or written onto my external hard drive to transfer over to my other computer.. Any ideas?

Here is the image I get: [​IMG]