Merge Aperture and iPhoto libraries?

lssmit02

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
Before I try this, I just wanted to see if anyone had experience merging their iPhoto and Aperture libraries.

Originally I had been using iPhoto as my photo application, but a little while back I started using Aperture instead. As a result, I now have two libraries-my old iPhoto library, and my Aperture library with all my recent photos. I would like to merge these into one, now that these applications can use a unified library. The instructions online are for using Aperture to merge two iPhoto libraries. I assume that these instructions would also work for merging the Aperture and iPhoto libraries.

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
Have you gotten your iPhoto to update to version 9.3? Because mine is still stuck on 9.2.3

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
I'm not quite sure what to do. I've continuously tried software update but it won't update to the newest version.

lssmit02

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 25, 2004
I'm not quite sure what to do. I've continuously tried software update but it won't update to the newest version.
You may have to update using the Mac App Store, if you bought iPhoto there, or If you bought a computer with OS X Lion. Here's what Help says:

Update your iPhoto software
By default, iPhoto automatically notifies you when software updates are available.

If you purchased iPhoto in the Mac App Store, or if iPhoto was preinstalled on your computer along with Mac OS X v10.7 Lion or later, an update notification is displayed on the App Store icon in the Dock.

If you installed iPhoto from the iLife ’11 DVD, or if iPhoto was preinstalled on your computer along with Mac OS X v10.6.8 Snow Leopard or earlier, iPhoto periodically checks for updates when you open iPhoto and notifies you if an update is available. If you don’t want iPhoto to automatically check for updates, you can turn off automatic notifications in iPhoto preferences.

jsf8x

macrumors 6502
Feb 28, 2010
I've now got an issue where my Aperture Library can't be read or written onto my external hard drive to transfer over to my other computer.. Any ideas?

Here is the image I get:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.