merge apple accounts?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cinek, Aug 8, 2011.

1. cinek macrumors 6502

I think I have 2 apple id accounts. One for mobileme and another one (my main one) is it possible to merge the two somehow? I've seen some old topics from a couple of years ago where you couldn't do that - is this still the case?

2. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

Looks like still the case; also iCloud will not help ...

I think the main issue is that content from iTunes is watermarked with the account which purchased. That would require resending content with new/merged account. I wish I could, but I don't think we will see that.

I have now four apple IDs; really wish to cleanup

3. cinek thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks, the problem I have is I cannot use imessage for my mobileme email & I have 25GB of space for icloud on my mobileme account & another 5GB on my main one -can't sign in to both of them at the same time either ;/

4. imahawki macrumors 6502a

There's no reason why Apple couldn't do this on the backend. I think that is what makes it so frustrating. They could easily have a pointer in their database. Pick one as a master Apple ID and the other as a sub-account via a web-page. Respond to a confirmation email to both accounts. Then you have 30 days after which all content is PERMANENTLY reassigned to the master account.

5. ChristianJapan macrumors 601

ChristianJapan

But now you talk about a developer me.com account ? Not sure if they will survive later. I think they are only for testing ?

6. cinek thread starter macrumors 6502

nope, I moved my mobileme account to iCloud and I'll get 20GB extra untill 2012, after that it's back to 5GB, but the account will always exist as far as I know