Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!
  • Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

toneru

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 21, 2010
Is there a keyboard shortcut to merge selected cells?
Numbers '09, version 2.0.3 (332)

Mal

macrumors 603
Jan 6, 2002
Orlando
There isn't by default, but you can assign one. Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Choose "Application Shortcuts" from the list on the left, click the plus (+) button at the bottom of the list, choose Numbers from the drop-down menu. For Menu Title, enter "Merge Cells" (without the quotes, of course), and then pick whatever keyboard combo you want. Hit OK, and go back to Numbers and it will be working immediately, no need to relaunch.

jW

Comment

japanime

macrumors 68020
Feb 27, 2006
Japan
There isn't by default, but you can assign one. Go to System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Choose "Application Shortcuts" from the list on the left, click the plus (+) button at the bottom of the list, choose Numbers from the drop-down menu. For Menu Title, enter "Merge Cells" (without the quotes, of course), and then pick whatever keyboard combo you want. Hit OK, and go back to Numbers and it will be working immediately, no need to relaunch.

jW

My apologies to others for resurrecting this rather old thread, but mal's reply to the OP answered the exact question I was researching, and I want thank him for that (particularly because the OP never bothered to say thank you).

So, thanks, mal. I've also up-voted your post.

Reactions: meccanica
Comment

chris9771

macrumors newbie
May 22, 2012
My apologies to others for resurrecting this rather old thread, but mal's reply to the OP answered the exact question I was researching, and I want thank him for that (particularly because the OP never bothered to say thank you).

So, thanks, mal. I've also up-voted your post.

Agreed! thank you Mal, exactly what I was looking for this afternoon. Your steps worked perfectly and saved me quite a bit of time.. many thanks :)

-
Chris

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.