Merge different Health Data backups from Apple Watch into one.

Discussion in 'iOS 10' started by Gmouse, Oct 22, 2016.

1. Gmouse macrumors regular

I seem to have created about five different backups of Health data due to resetting my Apple Watch, and getting a new Apple Watch and iPhone 7 Plus. While I've been careful to not lose or delete any of them, and while the USE of the data seems to be seamless, if I try to delete any of the backups, I get the warning that the Health data contained will be lost forever.

Since...it's kinda stupid to have to have so many backups to keep around, and I'm sure the number will just grow over the years and newer equipment...is there some way to merge it all together into just one backup? I thought that when I backed up my 6s Plus, then restored to the 7 Plus, that it WOULD merge them, but...nope.

Thanks.

2. Mlrollin91 macrumors G4

Mlrollin91

I'm assuming you are talking about "Sources"? These are not backups. Its because as you mentioned, different pairings of the device. They won't merge because they are considered 'different devices' even if its the same device. This is because you can pair multiple watches to the same phone. Nothing to worry about, just let them be. At one point before I reset all my health data, I had 12 watches as sources, even though only one was connected.