Merge iCloud Photos Albums from Time Capsule

Discussion in 'Apple Music, Apple Pay, iCloud, Apple Services' started by hokiepokie07, Apr 13, 2015.

1. hokiepokie07 macrumors 6502a

When I used iPhoto, I stored my iPhoto library on my Time Capsule due to lack of space on my MacBook Pro.

So, when I started using Photos, it created an album on laptop (pictures & videos when I was using iCloud Photos Beta). Then, converted my album on my Time Capsule from iPhoto to Photos. However, now I can't figure out how to merge that with the one on my desktop. When I tried making it my default library like I read, it wouldn't let me use iCloud because it was on my Time Capsule and not my actual laptop.

How can I get that library to merge with my other iCloud Photos library so I can have all 15,000 or so pictures in one library on my iCloud Photos.

Also, will I be able to put my one Photos library file on my laptop since it will technically store the pictures in iCloud?

Thanks for all the help.

2. hokiepokie07 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Anyone know how to do this?

Trying to get my Photos file off my Time Capsule so it will merge with the rest of my photos on my iCloud Photos file on my actual laptop. When I tried to just drag the file, it said I didn't have enough storage on my laptop. I'd like to have all my photos on one library so they will sync on all my devices.

Thanks!