Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iOSUser7

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2014
Hi everyone, I have a suggestion for MacRumors forums. I read a lot of threads in the iOS forum but it really bother me that there is one forum for each iOS version (starting with iOS 5 and earlier).

I think it's much more enjoyable to browse iPhone and iPad forums because they are not split in multiple forums like one forum for one iPhone (which would be a mess obviously).

I think you should do the same for the iOS forums and merge all of them in one "iOS forum" so that people with older devices like the iPhone 4 doesn't need to wait like 1 or 2 months before getting an answer because nobody check the iOS 7 forum, know what I mean ?

Anyway, tell me your thoughts about it. :)

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
If they do this, people will get upset when there is talk about beta problems in the normal iOS forum.

Michael Goff

Suspended
Jul 5, 2012
Why would they get upset ? We could just use a prefix in order to avoid any confusion.

Because there are likely going to be a lot of threads about the betas and they want to fix stable issues. If it was just one for stable and one for beta, that'd be one thing. Also, people don't read prefixes around here it seems.

Edit: Plus, the iOS 9 forum already has tags. Would they need to have versioning for each of them like the iPad, Apple TV and so forth? iOS on the iPhone isn't fully the same as on the iPad and iPod touch and Apple TV.

The Doctor11

macrumors 603
Dec 15, 2013
New York
I don't think it's a good idea to merge all the versions together. However I think it can work though if its separated by beta and normal.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.