Merge MacBytes Articles With Other Threads?

Discussion in 'Site and Forum Feedback' started by thegoldenmackid, Sep 23, 2009.

1. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

It occurred to me that recently there have been more and more occasions of threads being created with the link to a MacBytes.com news articles after the topics are already being discussed in the forums, and sometimes with articles either on the Homepage, Page 2 or iPhone News discussion. It seems given the near unanimous consensus of trying to have one thread, it would seem logical to merge these discussions in one place.

The most recent instance of this is regarding the introduction of three new iPhone ads.

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    I was thinking the exact same thing when I saw that "article". :rolleyes:

3. WildCowboy Administrator/Editor

WildCowboy

Staff Member

Report them, and we'll usually merge the threads together.

We do sometimes get both a MacBytes and a Front Page/Page 2/iPhone Blog article on the same topic, and those can be a bit more difficult to merge cleanly.

4. thegoldenmackid thread starter macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

Thanks WildCowboy. Nothing like reporting a thread approved by longofest or MudBug.

5. Mudbug Administrator emeritus

Mudbug

no problem - just report it. I generally try to look and see if the "article" has a thread already started, and I'll usually just link directly to that thread to become the discussion thread from that article. I miss them sometimes, though, so just reporting it will let me know of the merge that needs to take place.

Thanks!