Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Haust

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
is there an easy way to merge content on the Apple Notes app from 2 different Apple IDs? I have used 2 different Apple IDs on different devices and I want to merge them all in one place under one ID. Thx!

Haust

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
How do you export notes from one to the other.

*sorry, I realize this topic is in the wrong thread.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
How do you export notes from one to the other.
Sorry. I wasn't very clear. Here are two ways, and there may be more.

1. If you have two devices, sign in one device on one AppleID and another device on the other ID. You can AirDrop notes from one device to the other.

2. On a Mac, open Notes > Preferences and enable the "On my Mac" account. Notes in that account are local to the Mac. You can drag all of your iCloud notes to that account in the left pane. Then sign in with the other AppleID and drag them from the local account back to iCloud.

3. You can do the same as #2 with an iPhone or iPad by going to Settings > Notes and turning on your local account.

Reactions: Haust

Haust

Cancelled
Original poster
Sep 3, 2011
Thanks for the help, I will give these idea a shot. This has been driving me nuts.
[doublepost=1550539198][/doublepost]I ended up turning on Airplay on my iPad (First Apple ID) then used my iPhone (Second Apple ID) to 3D Touch the note and swipe up to share the note. Then I waited a second for the iPad to show up on Airplay and then I clicked that. I had to accept the transfer on the iPad. Took a second to transfer and then click done and I did the next one. Took me about 10 minutes to move 50 notes this way.

The downside is that the date of creation is now the date it was transferred, not the date it was initially created. There is a menu in settings to change to the date created or the date edited. Neither way is helpful because the Notes app doesn’t see the date that the note was originally created only the date it was transferred. So, my notes are out of order.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.