Merge two 'camera rolls'..

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by AFEPPL, Sep 28, 2015.

1. AFEPPL macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

Any one know how i could merge two 'camera rolls' from two separate iPhone 5S's
    Both devices are on iOS 9, both are using the same the apple id.

i dont want photo stream, i want all the data to be held local on one device.

2. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

Use My Photo Stream as a temporary portal from one 5s to the other. When viewing a stream from the other 5s you can select all (or selectively choose) and save locally, which puts the photos in Camera Roll.

You can do the same with a shared Photo Stream, but these would have slightly reduced resolution.

3. AFEPPL thread starter macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

But photo stream will only upload net new photos, what about the old 1200 i have on one device already and old 400 on the other..?

4. Cmd-Z macrumors 6502

Cmd-Z

My Photo Stream is hard to re-populate ... I think you can do it by opening a Camera Roll photo, then re-save the photo (thus making a duplicate in Camera Roll and putting a new copy in My Photo Stream). A pain to do for sure.

It would be easier then to create a Shared Photo Stream, then from the other 5s save the photos in that stream locally. A Shared Photo Stream doesn't have to be shared with anyone, just set it up for sharing and the other 5s should see the photos if they're sharing the same iCloud ID.

5. AFEPPL thread starter macrumors 68030

AFEPPL

I can put them into a stream no issues, but i still cant get them out of the stream onto the device without having to mess with every single photo. Only original photos are stored on the actual device.

In the end, i didn't merge the two devices, i used airdrop to move those i wanted from one of the 5S's onto the 6S.
    Very poor - its like apple want you to spend more money (strange that) and put/keep everything in iCloud