iPhone merge two SMS.db

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by pathumx, Nov 18, 2012.

1. pathumx macrumors member

My friend deleted a couple SMS threads off my phone. My oldest backup is 2 days old, and I don't want to go through the hassle of rejailbreaking and whatnot.

I got the old SMS.db using iBackupBot, so i can get the couple sms threads I need from there. How can I delete the unneeded threads from the old SMS.db and then add them to the current sms.db? I've been able to use sqlite editors to see whats in the db, but i can't figure out how to add/delete data.

2. Siggen macrumors 6502

SQL is a big topic, haven't touched it since school.

I think you would need something like this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ulgk_oLqgpU

sorry for not being more spsific, if no one else can answer, at least there is your answer.... probably

3. BFizzzle macrumors 68020

BFizzzle

go into the SQL EM, right click on your database, go to Generate SQL Script and I would script out the database and all objects. Then I would open up the generated file in the QA and change the database name and execute the script.

You might have problems with duplicate primary keys because of your 2 sets of tables and any foriegn keys that these primararies populate.

TBH i've never really mess with sms dbs... just various other sql statements..