Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

RedRaven571

macrumors 65816
Mar 13, 2009
Pennsylvania
Recently picked up a pair of these Insignia on-ear headphones on clearance; they work well and sound quality is decent.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 5.44.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-04-27 at 5.44.36 PM.png
    235.2 KB · Views: 590

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.
I guess I wasn't aware that the Apple Watch supported Bluetooth headphones. I can't figure out how to put music on it, which is fine with me. I never travel without my iPhone, and iPod, if it's a longer trip.

I guess one would need Bluetooth headphones for listing to music from the Apple Watch. The 'speaker' is usually kinda heavily distorted because of sweat and water.

Ntombi

macrumors 68040
Jul 1, 2008
Bostonian exiled in SoCal
I also found these Best Earbuds for Small Ears
You can check them out
I was so excited to see this list, until I saw that the first set on the list was the very set I’m looking to replace! Ugh.

I paid $200 for Jabra Elite Sport, and I cannot for the life of me get them to stay properly seated in my small ear canals, even with Comply tips. :( At least once a week, one side or the other stops transmitting sound, and I have to unpair, repair, sometimes totally reboot, and keep my fingers crossed, because it doesn’t always work.

Now I don’t trust the rest of the list.

I might have to go back to Jay Birds, which fit, but weren’t true wireless, and didn’t sound as good.

karanzale1

macrumors newbie
Dec 4, 2018
For whatever reason I cannot use earphone with the silicone plugs they will not stay in my ears at all i tried the small size and the large size tips.. it sucks big time
I thing you should try some plastic body comfortable bluetooth or wireless headphones. I have recently bought one for myself. I had similar issue, when i used to wear them it would fall off after some time. So, i have searched all over the amazon.com, ourpick.net and walmart.com for headphone and has gone through all the review and i finally got what i wanted i thing you should try below links to buy few recommendation. Of course if it doesn't fit. You can send it back to them

https://www.amazon.com/Best-Sellers-Electronics-Audio-Headphones/zgbs/electronics/172541
https://www.walmart.com/browse/electronics/wireless-and-bluetooth-headphones/3944_133251_1095191_1230614_1230478

PeytonT123

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2018
US
Any good alternative to Airpods? I might just get Airpods, but wanted to see if there's anything else.

Mainly for running. Ones like the Jaybirds are more "in ear" and dig into your ear which I'm not a huge fan of. I've always liked how Apples earbuds fit into ears.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
Bose Soundsport is the first wireless pair that I’ve had that lasted me for over 1 year. I’m hoping that the AirPods are released in a water resistant version, maybe in black. Also, I’ve been looking at Jabra Elite Active 65t but they are just too costly for me right now. Can’t justify paying $200 + for something that might pop out of my ear and fly into a gutter or something.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
I split the difference and ordered a refurbished pair of Jabra Elite Sport 65t. Hopefully, they work out! If not, I got a 1 year warranty and 30-days money back. Will see how this goes.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
Paired my B&W PX for the first time with my Gen. 4 watch. Worked like a charm as I danced around the house. The dog was less amused than my spouse, if that is even possible ;) If you had a Gen. 1, like I did, it is worth an upgrade!

kchkwan

macrumors member
Mar 31, 2011
sennheiser true momentum wireless... top notch sound, if you're looking for pure quality listen.

TJ82

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
Bose Soundsport is the first wireless pair that I’ve had that lasted me for over 1 year. I’m hoping that the AirPods are released in a water resistant version, maybe in black. Also, I’ve been looking at Jabra Elite Active 65t but they are just too costly for me right now. Can’t justify paying $200 + for something that might pop out of my ear and fly into a gutter or something.

Washed my AirPods three times. Low temperature 30 degree sport washes, lasting around 20mins. Used to forget them in my cycling jersey which went straight in the washing machine.

After a day they dry out and work as good as new.

Apple don't make them as waterproof but I think there's nothing inside that water can permanently damage at low pressures.

Reactions: dotzero123

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs
I ultimately purchased a pair of Jabra Elite Sport 65t refurbished then AirPods. The refurbished Jabra were returned 2x due to the left earbud not producing sound and I got my money back. I'm happy w/ my AirPods and figure by the time sweat/water kills these off there will be some new version that I'll be excited to buy. I've had them for months now and I have 0 regrets. The refurbished Jabra buds from the Jabra Factory store were a nightmare and a total waste of time.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Took a chance and am loving my Aftershokz Aeropex for running.

Zero dropouts streaming from my watch on my left wrist. I’ve had that problem out in the open with other headphones.

No blocking of ambient sounds which is a plus for outdoor running.

dotzero123

macrumors 6502a
Sep 3, 2018
Philadelphia Suburbs

Zero dropouts streaming from my watch on my left wrist. I’ve had that problem out in the open with other headphones.

Those look fun. How's the sound? Might be kind of nice to not shove plugs in my ear when out for a run.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
Those look fun. How's the sound? Might be kind of nice to not shove plugs in my ear when out for a run.
Sound is surprisingly good. Especially mids and highs.

Sure you’re not going to get deep thumping base. No isolation. They’re not going to replace other headphones or earbuds for when you’re truly listening to the music.

Still, I’m very pleased. EDM running mixes (PodRunner) sounds good, podcasts are good, even music like Transiberian Orchestra is decent.

deeddawg

macrumors G5
Jun 14, 2010
US
I’ll have to try these! Maybe I’ll get lucky and they’ll go on sale next month. G
I think REI carries them now, watch for one of their 20% off sales.

As a caveat I'm no audiophile, but I like to listen to stuff when out for a run - while attempting to retain situational awareness. With these not covering my ears at all, it's like the best of both worlds. Downside is they don't block any of the ambient sounds such as when you're on a sidewalk by a noisy road. I'm okay with that tradeoff as that's not a substantial part of my usual routes.

breezyf808

macrumors 6502
Mar 12, 2012
I had my bose soundsport for almost the last two years, but recently upgraded to the Bose soundsport free. I must admit that at first I regretted purchasing it because I had a perfectly working wireless earphones. After the first couple days I noticed how convenient it was not having the wires bothering me, like it getting snugged on my neck or clothes and having to readjust when it pops out. Makes me appreciate the truly wireless buds.
The fear of losing one side has never crossed my mind because it has an app to help locate each buds, something like the tile product.
My only con is that you must have at least the right side on (out of charging case) to listen to music or taking calls.

PinkyMacGodess

Suspended
Mar 7, 2007
Midwest America.

I tried those, the lower end ones. (The wife said I'd have a hard time hearing over the echo. (Nice...:rolleyes:)) They actually worked surprisingly well. The sound was a little muddy, but it's probably the model, and I'd expect better fidelity from the higher end ones. I was actually surprised how well they sounded. And no echo.?

EdwardMatthew

macrumors newbie
Jun 14, 2023
I am using Sony WH-1000XM4 these headphones are comfortable for long listening sessions, and the battery life is impressive. With touch controls and support for high-quality Bluetooth.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.