Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
Someone on another thread had shared the URL and a photo of the Muzetto -- one look and I fell in love. Resistance was futile. Shortly after I placed my reservation on an iPad for pick up at my local Apple store I also went to the SF Bags site and placed an order for a Muzetto (personal) and also an iPad Smart Case......

Oh, by the way -- I'm a female, not a male, but that bag will look just dandy casually swinging from my shoulder. I hate fussy little purses and tend to carry messenger bag styles.

Problem I have with these cases is there's no way to make it "stand" like Apple's iPad case. I really like the Muzetto cases, but a case is useless to me if I can make my iPad sit horiziontally upright while I use my wireless keyboard.

aaaaah :(

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
That's right, it's a Versace satchel. A man's purse, a manly purse, for verile men like Indiana Jones or Boy George. Oh wait.....

robanga

macrumors 68000
Aug 25, 2007
Oregon
I am so rarely without a backpack or computer bag, not an issue.

However bring on the man-purses

If one could design a front carrying harness, you could be a teletubbie.

Course one of the tubbies carries a purse as well....

Lamonster

macrumors regular
Dec 4, 2008
:D
progressive_commercial_murse.jpg

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
http://www.sfbags.com/

The Muzetto (personal size) is just right for the iPad and would look casual, yet have a certain flair......

Yea that personal size one looks to be a great fit and has Ipod carry room and space for your phone plus a few other things. The black or brown fabric looks reasonable manly too. It would be high on my list when I get an iPad
It is a bit pricey though and if you can settle for a less expensive choice the sleeve is cool and matching and can still fit the personal bag

http://www.applelinks.com/index.php..._smart_case_and_slip_case_to_apple_ipad_line/

:cool:

magpie maniac

macrumors 6502
Aug 24, 2007
A somewhat manlier alternative.

I am afraid of firearms, as well as being gay, but I think in general terms I would prefer to be thought of as someone who MIGHT be packing a Glock.

I'm not afraid of firearms, straight (but don't mind gays), and legally conceal a Glock 26 everywhere I go. I own a Maxpedition Jumbo, but don't carry it daily. It serves as a hiking sort of bag with emergency supplies.

That said, the Fatboy would probably be too small for an iPad.

jazz1

Contributor
Aug 19, 2002
Mid-West USA
I resent that... it's a messenger bag... not..... not a man purse.

God, I hope not. I've got one ordered from Booq and I've been eyeing up the Bihn and Waterfield Designs offerings The problem I see is that the iPad is so small, and the bags will follow those small dimensions. How are these things not going to be mistaken for Murses? Maybe I'll wear a Jack Bauer mask ;)

PsyD4Me

macrumors 6502a
Mar 11, 2009
under your bed
i dont plan on carrying the Ipad with me around like a wallet, i think that's getting extreme...and it becomes a good target for street theft

TraceyS/FL

macrumors 601
Jan 11, 2007
North Central Florida
I just now picked up the newest generation Timbuk2 Classic messenger bag I. Size small just for this purpose. It has a simple sleeve inside that should be perfect for my 3G iPad when it arrives.

For the sake of full disclosure I already carry an older version of the same bag as a man bag but it doesn't have the built in sleeve.

Steve

We have the netbook version coming this week.... (for 2 females, 1 14 and the other 41)

WLS

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
God, I hope not. I've got one ordered from Booq and I've been eyeing up the Bihn and Waterfield Designs offerings The problem I see is that the iPad is so small, and the bags will follow those small dimensions. How are these things not going to be mistaken for Murses? Maybe I'll wear a Jack Bauer mask ;)

Put a biohazard emblem on it. ;)

gr8ful

macrumors member
Jun 4, 2007
Anyone know of an iPad bag that is more like a small backpack that can easily be worn over one shoulder? I'm not too keen on the messenger bag look.

epoche

macrumors newbie
Oct 10, 2007
I'm not afraid of firearms, straight (but don't mind gays), and legally conceal a Glock 26 everywhere I go. I own a Maxpedition Jumbo, but don't carry it daily. It serves as a hiking sort of bag with emergency supplies.

That said, the Fatboy would probably be too small for an iPad.

I recently bought the Maxexpedition Jumbo. Have CCW and carry XD 9mm tactical in rear zippered compartment. Center section will accommodate my 64 GB iPad wifi when it arrives on the 3rd of April. Bag also holds point and shoot Nikon, small binoculars, Med Kit, writing pad, wallet, etc.

Jumbo is a really fine carry bag. Wide shoulder strap makes for a very comfortable carry despite the total weight.

JS82189

macrumors regular
Jan 30, 2010
Well I have a backpack nowadays since schoolbooks are too heavy for a messenger bag digging into my shoulder...

I do have a pretty nice bag tho, but I'm not exactly the guy who sits at starbucks or something

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.