Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fryc86

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
I was considering adding a Windows 7 partition on my MBP so I started up bootcamp and split up the hard drive between OS X and a second 20gb partition. I decided to hold off on adding the second OS for now and thought I would ask and see if there was a way to either merge the two partitions as one again, or delete the second unused partition. In disk utility I can't see the second 20gb partition. All it shows is the main HD with 289gb used and 320gb size. So I think that bootcamp partition is in their somewhere. Not sure if I can reclaim that space without reformatting the whole HD but I'd rather not if I don't have to. thanks

edit: I apologize I didn't see the Windows for Mac forum on this site. I should've posted this there probably. I will look around in there to see if my solution is in there somewhere.

edit 2: I found this thread: https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/1092035/

This would have been my first thought but when I click continue there is no option for 'create or remove a Windows partition'. instead it gives me the option of 'Download the Windows support software for this Mac' or 'I have the Mac OS X installation disc.... etc.'

When I click the second option. It just shows the two partitions and gives me an option for partitioning the disk, but no option for removing the windows partition that is already on there.

Last edited:

fryc86

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 1, 2011
I still haven't found an answer so if anyone has a suggestion I would appreciate it. thanks

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.